Tuesday, June 06, 2006

Pzizz iPod Blog

OK. SO, now, here in a separate post, is my first real attempt to use Pzizz.

1. I don't have an iPod, so I have to take Pzizz up on its promise to "work with any MP3 player."

2. After several hours of trying to figure out which output would result in an MP3 (none do), I sumise that it would be simpler to import to iTunes and then from there change the .mov (quicktime) format to .mp3.

3. Pzizz isn't kidding when they say that every program is unique. And it takes a while to generate a unique program on my DP G4 800Mhz Mac.

4. I'm able to convert the .mov files to .mp3 files by this process:

From Pzizz, export to iTunes folder. In iTunes, make smart folder that sees 'Pzizz' files in .mp3 (Kind is MPEG Audio File).
now select the folder I put naps in to begin with (in .mov format), go to scripts and use the Quick Convert Script by Doug to change the ..mov to .mp3

5. I HotSync my Treo 650 to my computer, after dragging and dropping the .mp3 files to my "add to handheld" icon in the dock.

6. Queue up RealPlayer for Palm to ensure it sees the .mp3 files.

7. Get ready for bed, and hook up my wireless headphones transmitter to the Treo. Climb into bed, push 'play' on the Treo realplayer, and lay down.

8. Within a few minutes, and this is, I kid you not, a record for me in my new place, I'm FAST ASLEEP. DEEP SLEEP.

9. About an hour later, I awake with a start. Bill Hicks is playing on my headphones! Scared the crap out of me! I turn off my realplayer, take the headphones off, and go back to sleep after a little while.

10. TO FIX the problem described above, I'm creating a unique playlist for each nap, to avoid repeats and unintended songs.

11. I'm also plugging the Treo into a stereo so that I have no comfort issues whatsoever. I'll see how this goes...

1 comment:

andrew123 said...

Thanks for posting different types of models.All are amazing and exciting models.
==================================
Andrew William

wireless stereo headphones