Saturday, June 17, 2006

Allergenic to sales Success?

Um, this isn't exactly germain to this blog (but what the hell of my last posts was?), but since I recently moved to Houston, and am blogging in some regards to Houston, this merits attention.

Bathe Less, Have Less Allergies?



One thing I keep saying to people when they ask me about how I'm doing now that I'm here in Houston (moved from Austin / San Antonio), I usually reply, "Humid! Hotter, usually, and wretched for mold and dust -- the two things I'm horribly allergic to!"

Um, so, basically, I'm caught in this hard place: keep being hyper-allergic to the ecological environment (even with Claritin), and possibly damage my career in the wine business (because I not only can't smell, but I feel drugged-up), or bathe less, have clearer nostrils and hurt my wine business and possibly scare off my fiance (because I do indeed have incredibly bad B.O. lately).

So what's a guy to do? I know that the underlying theory is the same as the study from a few years ago that concluded we ought to not use Anti-Bacterial Soap because it kills beneficial bacteria. Beneficial bacteria kill harmful bacterias ad other microbes. At the momnet, I need to worry about sterile environements, since I'll brew soon, and currently and for the near future expect to constanty be around wine.

Therefore, I'll simply assume that our fear of microbes is two fold:

1) We're so inundated in artificial realties, be they the internet, or movies or TV, that we are deathly afraid of the virtually unknown microscopic world, and thus sterilize ourselves from birth, preventing our immune systems from actually effectively working. There's a corollary in this and the fact that alligators are immune to HIV, but I'm not sure of the exact corollary. I'll need a multi-billion dollar grant to tease that one out.

2) Someone in big Pharma or Insurance or Hospitals or in general HealthCare figured out the gist of the first point long ago and also derived how to massivley drill profit from it. Probably an intern. go figure.

Now I'm back on track, aren't I? More drunk-blogging and, soon, rants about Texas electricity deregulation to come. I PROMISE!

Daddy E Rocks always keeps a promise, don't he?

No comments: